There need to be more lunch recipes on this blog. There. I just came out and said it. Not just any lunch recipe, but recipes that aren’t really recipes but more “ideas” that can be thrown together with lightening speed, taste amazing, but fill you up and provide a powerful punch of nutrition at the same time. That’s a tall order.
I don’t know about you, but I REALLY look forward to my lunch every day. Prime characteristic of a real foodie right there. All day long, we dream about food. No matter how stressful or hectic my day may get, I need to always know that a delicious, colorful, satisfying and healthy lunch is waiting for me. That’s why I’m sharing one of my favorite quick and easy lunch hacks with you today! Behold, the tuna melt wrap.
This wrap was concocted a few months ago when I literally threw together the only food items I had left in my pantry/fridge: a can of tuna, some olives, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, and some Flat Out wraps leftover from the burritos I had made earlier in the week. I timidly set this new creation in front of my husband, Ryan, and he started eating before I even told him what it was. He said “what’s in this?” and I responded with “tuna.” A surprised expression spread over his face with an explanation of “this is tuna?!?” and a dumbfounded “how did you make it taste so good?!?” “Mad skillz.” That was my response.
A few things you need to know about this wrap:
- It’s wrapped in a Flat Out sundried tomato wrap – these babies are less than 100 calories, 100% whole grain, and have 8 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber per wrap. Nutrition powerhouses, these things. You can usually find them in the deli section of your grocery store.
- Not everyone’s a fan of canned tuna; I get it. But something magical happens when you smother tuna with a wedge of creamy Laughing Cow cheese and melt some briny olives into said cheese and tuna mixture. It’s really good, super flavorful, and ultimately very satisfying.
- I like to cook this wraps grilled cheese or panini-style – a few minutes in a hot skillet will yield a crispy, crunchy exterior with a molten, gooey, cheesy center. Be sure to serve with a side of beautiful fruit. Lunch is served!
- 1 can of chunk light tuna packed in water, drained thoroughly
- 1/4 cup green olives drained thoroughly and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Flat Out Wraps I like the Sundried Tomato flavor
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow cheese any flavor you like!
- Optional: baby spinach or arugula
In a small bowl, combine the tuna, olives, Dijon, olive oi, and seasonings.
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Spread each wrap with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese.
Divide the tuna mixture into the center of each wrap. Top with greens, if using. Roll burrito-style.
Add a drizzle of olive oil to your preheated pan and cook your wrap for about 2 minutes per side until golden and crisp. Be sure to press down occasionally with your spatula as you cook the wraps.
Serve hot with a side of fruit!
P.S. These are also delicious cold if a hot wrap isn't an option for you!