Happy New Year, my wonderful readers and friends!
As we enter into 2018, Ryan and I are still in the midst of holiday travels and won’t be home until mid-week. As much as I’m glad to have time with family, a part of me feels unsettled in the sense that I haven’t really had time to reflect much on 2017 and set intentions for the new year. The holiday season sometimes seems like it comes to a screeching halt – you are caught up in this world wind of a rush with parties, to-do’s, and traveling, and then when you finally make it home, the overwhelm hits you full force. Where do you even begin with the new year when you feel so disoriented?
That’s where I’m at right now. Feeling disoriented. I’m headed back to face a new chapter of life, in a new home, and in a new town/state. My list of to-dos is endless, but it’s not really even solidified yet. I need to take some time step back and look at the big picture of goals, values, priorities, and then break it down into more digestible intentions + actions.
So here is how I’m going to spend this first week of the New Year, with the goal of being kind to myself while getting back on track:
- Travel intentionally – while we are still on the road/in the air, I plan to do some self-reflection and planning. I’ll be using this free download for a self-assessment from one of my favorite bloggers, Brighton the Day. I’m also going to start putting together my planner for the year, which is the 2018 Business Planner from Restored 316. This planner is new to me and I cannot wait to use it!
- Once we get back from travels, I’ll have two days to regroup before company comes from out of town for the weekend. Priorities include: taking the Christmas decorations down, grocery shopping, menu planning, and tidying up. It will be a fast and furious two days!
- Host/have fun and enjoy every moment with a weekend visit from two of my very best friends. I’m planning to explore Nashville with them and do lots of laughing/catching up, so it’s sure to be my very first highlight of the 2018 year!
Once we get past all of that and into next week, I’ll have two new recipes for you and lots of exciting additions to the blog over the next few months – I’m so excited to share new content with you!
In the meantime, check out some of the things I’m finding inspiring right now and let me know how you are kicking off your new year in the comments below!
- 7 Ways to Prep for 2018 – LOVE the tip on cleaning out tech! Definitely plan to do that this week.
- This idea for Polaroid Bullet Journaling
- This Pinterest board of Words to Inspire
Have a great first week everyone – see you back next week with NEW RECIPES!0