Happy Fridayyyyyy! Let’s celebrate the weekend by talking about one of my favorite subjects: beauty products!
This post contains affiliate links to products I love and want to share with you! I receive a very small commission from any clicks or purchases made from the links, which goes toward day-to-day operation costs for Sweet Cayenne. As always, thank you for reading!
A few weeks ago on Cyber Monday, I spent part of my clothing budget on some new makeup. I haven’t bought eye shadow for the past two years – the Tarte holiday palette from 2014 was so great and lasted forevvvvvver which was awesome! I was in major need of some new shadows, some highlighter/contour powder, and some new moisturizer. I ended up getting a few other things in the sale – some of the deals were just too good to pass up! Read on to see what I got and why I love it!
- TRESemme Botanique Nourish and Replenish Hair Mask – Recently during my last haircut, my stylist told me I should probably start using a hair mask once per week because my ends were very dry. She did a mask for me while I was at the salon, and I was amazed at how much the texture of my hair improved after that. I love TRESemme products, and was thrilled to learn that they have a new hair mask with great customer reviews. It’s made with coconut milk and aloe vera, and is free of paragons, dyes and silicone. So far I love the results – my hair feels super soft and silky after I use this!
- Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion – My skin tends to get very dry in the winter, and lately my daily moisturizer just hasn’t been cutting it. I love Burt’s Bees products in general, and was super excited to try this ultra-hydrating moisturizer. It’s a little pricier than my regular one, but I only plan on using it December-March. It’s so thick and feels really luxurious on my face – I’m actually using it at night instead of during the day time and love how soft my skin feels in the morning when I wake up! Definitely would recommend this for winter.
- Big Sexy Hair Powder Play – I recently watched a YouTube beauty vlogger use this to create volume in her hair and help certain sections stay in place. I was mesmerized at how it instantly plumped the texture of her hair and was intrigued to try it. Friends, this stuff ROCKS! I love how it adds texture and lift to my hair – it doesn’t feel sticky or crunchy at all. This will be on repeat for a while!
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red – I always like to have a good red lipstick on standby during the holidays, and this one from MAC is one I will purchase year after year! I know Ruby Woo is their most popular shade; and I originally had intended to get that one when I visit a MAC store. However, the makeup artist I spoke with recommended Russian Red because it has more blue undertones (Ruby Woo has more orange); which would be better suited to my fair skin. He was right – this is my go-to red shade!
5. Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette (pictured above) – I’ve always heard so many good things about the Urban Decay Naked line, and have seen some beautiful looks created with them. This year I decided to try it for myself – I chose the Naked 2 as it contains a lot more taupes and neutral tones. The colors in Naked 1 looked a little edgy for my taste, and the colors in Naked 3 were very pinky and light. The 2 seemed like the perfect fit, and I am loving the selection so far! The powder is very easy to blend, and you really can create a number of unique looks with this palette.
6. Tarteist PRO Glow Highlight and Contour Palette – This is a new palette from Tarte out just in time for the holidays, and it’s getting rave reviews from users thus far! I love that it includes a creamy and a matte contour shade – both are so easy to blend onto my fair skin. The highlighting shades are the most gorgeous I have ever seen – I love how they give my skin a subtle and healthy glow! This would be a great palette to ask Santa for…highly recommend it!