Last year, my family decided to do Christmas gift giving in a new way. With 3 siblings who are married now, 2 siblings in college, and parents who are busier than ever, we wanted to simplify things so we could focus more on family time and not feel stressed about getting gifts for every single person. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of people to buy gifts for in my family, and that can take up a lot of time and money! So we decided that each person would draw names and you could spend up to $75 on the person whose name you drew. And that’s it!
We enjoyed doing things this way so much that we decided to do it again this year! However, we are doing one thing differently: we are using Draw Names to randomly assign people a name and to keep track of each person’s “wish list.” It’s an awesome FREE computer app; and the girls especially love being able to make a list of things we’d like so we can make sure whatever we get is something we will actually use! When you are only getting one Christmas gift, you have to make it count….hee hee. I thought it would be fun to share the most popular items on our lists in case you need some inspiration for people in your life – we’ve got “wishes” for guys and gals, ages 17-50 something!
**Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Any income made from clicks or purchases through these links all goes towards the funding of running this blog and allowing me to write about what I love. Thanks for your support!
- Vans Slip-On 59 – this charcoal denim shade will go with anything – and they are comfy, too!
- Under Armour Rival Cotton-Blend Fleece Hoodie – keep him warm and cozy.
- Kenneth Cole cologne in Black – because a man likes to smell good!
- Stafford Plaid Scarf – this will help your guy be on-trend – plus his neck will be warm!
- TopTie Men’s Knit Solid Skinny Tie – sleek, stylish, and easy to tie!
- Nike Men’s Alabama Crimson Tide Lockdown Half-Zip Jacket – what guy doesn’t like sports gear?
- Acorn Summer Slipper – my husband, Ryan’s favorite slipper EVER – feet don’t sweat in these.
- Harry’s Travel Shaving Kit – another favorite of Ryan’s
- Sonix ‘Clementine’ iPhone 6 Plus & 6s Plus Case – keep your phone lovely and chic; a bestseller!
- Sugar Paper Planner 2016 Weekly/Monthly – this one was on my list #taskmaster
- Plaid Blanket Scarf – they are ALL the rage right now and you can wear them so many ways!
- M·A·C Lipstick in Russian Red – it’s all about the red lip, ladies. This one’s a classic!
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette – deliciously concentrated eye shadow in creamy shades of taupe
- Ribbon Letter Necklace – a stylish option for gals who love monogram!
- Sperry Walker Fog Rain Boots – chic, comfortable, lined and timeless!
- Too Faced Cocoa Contour Chiseled to Perfection – add depth and definition to your facial features
And at the request of a few special readers, I have a few gift ideas for a few bonus categories as well!
Gifts for Grandparents:
- Fleece-Lined Tech Gloves – so Granny and Gramps can use their smartphones while keeping hands warm!
- Keurig Single-Serve Brewer – easy, breezy, coffee making deliciousness
- Digital Photo Frame – let grandparents view a slide show starring YOU all day long!
Gifts for Newlyweds:
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven – my favorite kitchen present. EVER.
- Whirly Pop Popcorn Maker– a fun, fast, and healthy way to make popcorn!
- Week of food with Blue Apron – couples learn to cook together with a week of meals supplied to the doorstep!
Need anymore gift idea inspiration? Leave a comment below and we will see what we can come up with! And remember, at the end of the day, just give from your heart! Because it’s the thought and love behind the gift that really counts 🙂 Happy gift giving!