This page is dedicated to all of the places in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountain area that I have visited and would highly recommend! It will be updated with new recommendations as I continue to visit and explore the area, so check back often! For a summary of blog posts I have written on the area, scroll to the bottom for the complete list!
accommodations in Pigeon Forge + Gatlinburg
Cabin Rentals – Good for week-long visits!
- Cabins for You – we have rented here several times and know the owners – very nice!
- Mountain Laurel Chalets – we rented from here in 2016 and it has been our favorite cabin thus far!
- Clarion Inn – where we like to stay for a short visit
- Dollywood DreamMore Resort – we have yet to stay here, but keep hearing it is amazing. I hope to someday!
- RVshare - a new and exciting way to explore more scenic areas of the Smoky Mountains is to rent an RV! RVshare is basically the "Airbnb" of homes on wheels! You can conveniently pick up an RV at many locations in the US and drop off at the final destination of your journey. And there are SO MANY RV's to choose from!
activities + attractions in the Smoky Mountains
- Little Greenbrier Trail – this trail is super quiet and serene. It connects to Laurel Falls and makes for a good hike that will take 4+ hours.
- Laurel Falls Trail – our favorite “family hike.” It is paved, fairly easy to hike, and less than 3 miles.
- The Sinks – a good place off the parkway to see rapids and waterfalls. You can cliff jump here but I personally wouldn’t do it!
- Picnic Areas – we love to plan a picnic whenever we do a short hike.
- Smoky Mountain River Rat – our newest favorite activity in the Smokies! Just $15 for adults to tube two separate river courses, and you can tube each one as many times as you like. It’s perfect for kids (they have tubes for ages 2 and up and can tether them to a parent’s tube) and they are also dog-friendly! Save $2 off ticket price for booking online!
- Smoky Mountain Ziplines – this is our go-to place if people from our group want to zip-line. Save $15 off the ticket when you book online!
- Adventure Raceway – we have been riding go-karts here for a decade now and it is our family’s favorite track! Get a free ticket for every two tickets purchased with this coupon.
- Goats on the Roof – we did the mountain coaster for the first time this year and everyone LOVED it! It will be a tradition from here on out, I’m sure! You can save $2 off the $15 ticket when you reserve online, and then ride a second time for just $5!
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster – another good mountain coaster option that has really cool lights at night!
- Tanger Outlets – we love the Aerie, JCrew, Gap, and Old Navy outlets here!
- The Old Mill – beautiful handmade pottery and woodworks.
- The Village – fun candles, food souvenirs, coffee, magnets, and toys.
- The Island – they’ve got a little bit of everything here!
- Smoky Mountain Opry – we currently have a family friend singing in this show, so it was fun to finally check it out for the first time this year! It’s a great option if you love music and theater!
- The Escape Game – we did this back in 2016 and had a blast! I recommend to keep your group size under 5 people so each person gets a chance to help solve the puzzles!
- Ripley’s Aquarium – a great option if you do not want to do Dollywood or have little kids. The combo packs they sell with other shows and museums are a really great value.