Today I'm going to take a swing at a new kind of post - a type that I absolutely love reading on other blogs but have never attempted to do here simply because I just didn't know if anyone would be interested. Doing this type of post today, however, is absolutely necessary because my well of content that I prepared before the move has run completely dry! With all the boxes and moving chaos that have flooded my month of April, I'll admit to feeling 100% uninspired and quite overwhelmed. My brain is literally in a cloud of moving dust, and I just haven't found my creativity groove in this new house yet. Can any of you relate???
I'm hoping the sunshine and weekend will leave me refreshed and that my body starts to reset and adapt to the new surroundings so that the ideas start flowing again! In the meantime, I'd like to take today to share with you the results of creativity from other people....things that either make me happy to learn about, look at, or that I just think are fabulous in general. So here we go....below is a favorites round up of 10 things I'm currently loving. Let me know if you love one of these too!
- These Japanese Croissants with Nori and Sesame Seeds from Healthfully Ever After are so incredibly intriguing to me! I need to try making something with nori....
- I think these grey joggers look soooooo comfortable....and cute! I'm thinking they would awesome to wear on an upcoming overnight flight I'm taking. Maybe worn with a comfy denim jacket?
- Best list of home decor shops for 20 somethings vs. 30 somethings....can't decide which I like better but thinking they will help me a lot with furniture options for my new house! We have nowhere to sit right now and have literally been sitting on the floor each night.
- I'm really excited about the live Disney movie version of The Jungle Book that comes out in theaters this weekend. This was the first Disney movie I ever watched as a child, so the story has a special place in my heart!
- I'm trying to work up the nerve to attempt a Milk Bar-style cake for Ryan's birthday in a few weeks...they look so delicious, but not gonna lie, kind of intimidating to make! Which recipe sounds best to you?
- My friend and fellow blogger Lisa Lin's Art on Toast Instagram feed is SO amazing! How creative is this??? Lisa, you rock!
- Should have made these Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls for Easter brunch....maybe try on Mother's Day??
- I pretty much
wantNEED everything on this summer pool party must-have list. Except I don't have a pool. SOMEONE INVITE ME TO YOUR POOL! Please. And thank you.
- I need to get better at Snapchatting. Hoping this tutorial will help???
- How is it possible that I've only tried SIX of the best ice creams in every single state? #goalz
Happy Friday - have a wonderful weekend, everyone! And please, let me know how you like this type of post and if you'd like more of these in the future!