Healthy Holiday Mindset:
- 5 Ways to Practice Mindful Eating During the Holidays - before we even talk about food and tips for a successful Thanksgiving, let's have an attitude adjustment and make sure we do it with the right mindset - everything else will fall into place from there!
Table for Two: (had to include this one because, you know, that's the stage of life I'm in right now!)
- Small Size Traditions: A Thanksgiving Menu for Two
- 6 Alternatives to Cooking a Whole Turkey
- Apple Crisp for Two
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting for Two
Recipes for Special Diets:
- Gluten-free and Vegan: Minimalist Baker - they make a mean gluten-free, vegan pumpkin pie!
- For folks with food allergies: The Pretty Bee - beautiful, delicious and healthy food. Soy, dairy, gluten-free.
Troubleshooting/Tips for Success:
- 5 Common Mistakes to Avoid When Making Pie - I've definitely neglected the egg wash before..don't be like me.
- 7 Alternative Ways to Keep Thanksgiving Dishes Warm - electric blanket? Pure genius!
- 12 Essentials to Know When Hosting Thanksgiving for the First Time - this will be me one day....I hope.
- Butterball's How To's - this basically answers any question you may have pertaining to the safety, thawing, cooking, and carving of a turkey.
- Turkey 911 - Yes, the USDA has a turkey help hotline, also known as the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline - specifically for those of us who'd rather talk to a person rather than Google.
Hostess Gift Ideas - hosting is not for the faint of heart, so be sure to thank your hostess!
Hope that you find some of these links helpful in planning your Thanksgiving holiday. If you have any Thanksgiving-related questions or your own tips for success, feel free to ask in the comments section and I will feature them in a post over the weekend. Happy planning!
Hungry for more? Be sure to follow the blog on Bloglovin and find Sweet Cayenne on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Leave a Reply