For today’s Friday 5, I thought it’d be fun to share a few foodie-themed wardrobe staples I’ve been getting a kick out of lately. When I was in college studying to become a dietitian, I thought it was so fun to show my love for food by incorporating a few food-themed items into my closet. While my Food Guide Pyramid tee may have seemed cheesy to some, it was a fun form of self-expression for me, and I still love the idea of letting food make a small appearance in my wardrobe every now and then! Read on if you are foodie wanting to represent with me!
- Rock some Soludos – these espadrille shoes have the cutest embroidered foods on the top! I’m in love with this lemon pair, but think the ones with avocados and pineapples are adorable as well. The lemon pair would look so cute with summer shorts, tees, overalls, and simple dresses. Have any of you worn Soludos? Are they comfortable? Let me know!
- Spritz on some Escada – Escada usually comes out with a new summer fragrance each year, and it always contains heavy notes of citrus or tropical fruit scents. I was obsessed with the summer Escada fragrances when I was in high school and college – I would ask for the new scent each May for my birthday!
- Become a KALE Alumni – If you are embarrassed to wear food on your clothes during the day, a pair of KALE sweatpants or a tee is a great way to fly under the radar at night in the comfort of your own home!
- A few subtle accessories – a cute purse or pair of earrings is a great way to proclaim your foodie identity while still being discreet and stylish. I’d wear these adorable fruit stud earring set or this crab straw tote bag any day!
- Donut forget the socks – to round out your foodie-love wardrobe, you’ve got to have a few pairs of food-themed socks for good measure. They will be fun conversation starters during your next yoga class or marathon.
Do you have any foodie-themed pieces in your closet? I’m always on the hunt for cute yet stylish options, so let me know in the comments below!
Shop my foodie favs: