Toasted Sunflower Seed Butter with Vanilla and CInnamon
A flavorful homemade sunflower butter recipe.
Keyword: Sunflower Seed Butter
Servings: 1cup of sunflower seed butter
1cuptoasted sunflower seedstoast in a skillet on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often
1. Place the seeds in a high-powered food processor or Vitamix-type blender. Process for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides. It will look like wet sand.
2. Process for 2 more minutes, scrape down the sides. At this point you will have a grainy clump of seed butter.
3. Process for an additional 2 minutes. The mixture should be smooth and creamy. If it is not, you can add 1 teaspoon of a neutral flavored oil and process 2 more minutes.
4. Once the mixture is smooth, add the salt, cinnamon, vanilla and honey and process until combined, about 30 seconds.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks.
1. You can certainly double, triple or quadruple this recipe if you would like! It keeps well in the fridge.
2. I like to buy my sunflower seeds in the bulk section of the grocery store. It's more cost-effective this way and I can buy just what I need.