This Shaved Asparagus and Sweet Pea Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is the most refreshing way to enjoy crisp, spring vegetables - no cooking required! It's an elegant yet simple side dish that looks fancy, but comes together quickly!
Shaved Asparagus Salad with Sweet Peas and Lemon Vinaigrette
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon each of Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 1 bunch of asparagus choose stems on the thicker side
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas halved lengthwise
- ½ cup about 2 ounces freshly shaved Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup slivered almonds lightly toasted
- Combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette together in a Mason jar or container with a lid. Shake to combine. Set aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the asparagus stalks; starting at the base of the stalk and moving down towards the tip of the stalk. Keep shaving until you can no longer shave the length of the stalk. Continue this process for all of the stalks. You will be left with some thin pieces of asparagus leftover that can be saved for later use in a stir fry, or as a sandwich filling or pizza topping.
- Combine the shaved asparagus and halved sugar snap peas in a bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Refrigerate the salad to let the veggies marinate for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the chilled asparagus and peas on a serving platter or plate. Top with shaved cheese and almonds. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Did you make this Shaved Asparagus Salad? If so, I'd love to hear about it! Leave a comment below or upload a picture to Instagram or Twitter with the tag @sweetcayenne5.
Leave a Reply