Turn up the volume in your lunch box with these Strawberry Pretzel Chicken Wraps. This flavorful, spring-inspired, and healthy chicken wrap recipe can be made ahead and assembled as needed so you can enjoy a delicious lunch all week long!
About the recipe
I'm always on the hunt for easy recipes that I can create from other recipes that are frequently on my weekly menu. You know, like making a fun tostada out of taco meat filling, or putting leftover roasted veggies into a frittata. And the more versatile the creation, the better it is for me!
My oven-fried pretzel chicken tenders are one of those recipes that appears often on our menus. It's the perfect "fried" chicken to serve on salads or on its own with our favorite dipping sauces like this simple honey mustard dressing!
I also love to use the tenders to create healthy chicken wrap recipes with tortillas. This Strawberry Pretzel Chicken Wrap is one I've been making for several years now during the spring and summer months when berries are at their peak and our garden is full of fresh greens.
You can also make this recipe with store-bought chicken tenders and honey mustard dressing if you'd like to keep things super simple. You will also need:
- Tortilla wraps - I like to buy a spinach flavor for this recipe. Be sure to get 8-10 inch wraps so you have plenty of room for filling!
- Cheddar cheese - freshly grated white cheddar is delicious on the chicken.
- Fresh strawberries
- Baby greens - spring mix, baby spinach, or arugula are all wonderful!
- Using freshly baked chicken tenders or reheated tenders, place some shredded cheese on top during the last few minutes of heating to melt on top of the tenders.
- Place hot chicken tenders in the center of the wrap.
- Top with lettuce, strawberries, and honey mustard dressing.
- Slice the wrap in half and serve with extra sauce for dipping!
Make the chicken and dressing ahead of time - this way, you will be able to assemble wraps as you need them throughout the week. The chicken tenders will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and the dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Make the wraps in advance - the wraps can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 hours before enjoying cold. Just omit the dressing and use it as a dip to keep the wrap from getting soggy.
These wraps are hearty and filling enough to serve on their own. However, some sides that would be tasty alongside include:
- Fresh fruit, such as sliced melon or grapes
- Whole grain chips and hummus
- Cubed Watermelon, Peach and Feta Salad
- Watermelon Flag Salad
- Purple Hull Pea Salad
- Thai Cucumber Mango Salad
Are you ready to make these Strawberry Pretzel Chicken Wraps? I’m so excited for you to try this recipe. Once you get the chance to make it, please let me know how it turns out for you!
Leave a comment and rate the recipe below. This will help me with the creation of future recipes!
Strawberry Pretzel Chicken Wraps
- If using freshly-baked pretzel chicken tenders, top them with the cheddar cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking, then proceed with wrap assembly. If reheating chicken, place tenders on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes until crispy and heated through. Top with cheddar and place under the broiler for 2 additional minutes to melt. Proceed with wrap assembly.
Assembling the wraps:
- Place two strips of chicken in the center of the tortilla. Top with 1 cup of lettuce, and 1/4 cup of strawberries, and a little bit of fresh basil if using.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of dressing on top. Wrap the fillings in burrito-style by folding the ends in and then rolling the top half up and over the filling, cut in half, and serve with extra honey mustard.
Similar recipes to enjoy: