This cubed watermelon, peach, and feta salad is almost too pretty to eat...almost.
Today I'm keeping this post short and simple in honor of this short and simple recipe. I know you've got summery things to do and I have summery things to do - so I'm going to leave you with this beautiful salad that's perfect for taking to a last-minute dinner at a friend's house. That's what I used it for - 10 minutes of prep and I was out the door and on my way.
Prep is the key word here - taking the time to cut your watermelon, peaches, and feta into similarly sized cubes will make the salad all the more attractive - almost like something you would get at a fancy restaurant! Do me a favor and use a REAL cube of quality feta; not the low-fat, crumbly. chalk-like stuff. It adds an element of luxurious indulgence to an otherwise super healthy side. You won't regret adding it, I promise! Fresh produce + creamy cheese + fruit olive oil + aged balsamic + allllll the basil/mint = summertime bliss.
Enjoy these last few lazy weeks of summer!
Cubed Watermelon, Peach and Feta Salad
- 3 cups watermelon cubed into 1'' pieces
- 2 cups yellow peach cubed into 1'' pieces (about 2 large pieces)
- 8 ounces good quality feta cheese cubed into 1'' pieces
- 2 tablespoons fruity olive oil such as California Olive Ranch
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil shredded thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint shredded thinly
- Arrange the watermelon, peaches and feta down the middle of a long platter. When ready to serve, drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top. Sprinkle with herbs. Serve immediately.
Did you make this cubed watermelon, peach and feta salad? If so, I'd love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below or upload a photo to Instagram or Twitter with the tag @sweetcayenne5!