This page is dedicated to all of the places in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountain area that I have visited and would highly recommend! It will be updated with new recommendations as I continue to visit and explore the area, so check back often! For a summary of blog posts I have written on the area, scroll to the bottom for the complete list!
accommodations in Pigeon Forge + Gatlinburg
Cabin Rentals – Good for week-long visits!
- Cabins for You – we have rented here several times and know the owners – very nice!
- Mountain Laurel Chalets – we rented from here in 2016 and it has been our favorite cabin thus far!
- Clarion Inn – where we like to stay for a short visit
- Dollywood DreamMore Resort – we have yet to stay here, but keep hearing it is amazing. I hope to someday!
activities + attractions in the Smoky Mountains
- Little Greenbrier Trail – this trail is super quiet and serene. It connects to Laurel Falls and makes for a good hike that will take 4+ hours.
- Laurel Falls Trail – our favorite “family hike.” It is paved, fairly easy to hike, and less than 3 miles.
- The Sinks – a good place off the parkway to see rapids and waterfalls. You can cliff jump here but I personally wouldn’t do it!
- Picnic Areas – we love to plan a picnic whenever we do a short hike.
- Smoky Mountain River Rat – our newest favorite activity in the Smokies! Just $15 for adults to tube two separate river courses, and you can tube each one as many times as you like. It’s perfect for kids (they have tubes for ages 2 and up and can tether them to a parent’s tube) and they are also dog-friendly! Save $2 off ticket price for booking online!
- Smoky Mountain Ziplines – this is our go-to place if people from our group want to zip-line. Save $15 off the ticket when you book online!
- Adventure Raceway – we have been riding go-karts here for a decade now and it is our family’s favorite track! Get a free ticket for every two tickets purchased with this coupon.
- Goats on the Roof – we did the mountain coaster for the first time this year and everyone LOVED it! It will be a tradition from here on out, I’m sure! You can save $2 off the $15 ticket when you reserve online, and then ride a second time for just $5!
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster – another good mountain coaster option that has really cool lights at night!
- Tanger Outlets – we love the Aerie, JCrew, Gap, and Old Navy outlets here!
- The Old Mill – beautiful handmade pottery and woodworks.
- The Village – fun candles, food souvenirs, coffee, magnets, and toys.
- The Island – they’ve got a little bit of everything here!
- Smoky Mountain Opry – we currently have a family friend singing in this show, so it was fun to finally check it out for the first time this year! It’s a great option if you love music and theater!
- The Escape Game – we did this back in 2016 and had a blast! I recommend to keep your group size under 5 people so each person gets a chance to help solve the puzzles!
- Ripley’s Aquarium – a great option if you do not want to do Dollywood or have little kids. The combo packs they sell with other shows and museums are a really great value.