This Greek-Style Chicken Crunchwrap is the quick, easy, flavor-filled meal you need all rolled up into one satisfying wrap-eating experience!
Thank you to PAM® Spray Pump for sponsoring this post! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Here's a video to show you how I make the wrap:
When the warmer months roll around, there’s very few things that sound better to me than a big Greek salad. You know the kind - mixed crunchy greens piled high with copious amounts of shredded chicken, tomatoes, feta, and most definitely a side of pita chips and hummus! But sometimes, when my salad ingredients are dwindling and the pita chip bag is down to the crumbs, I like to take all the little amounts of leftovers and pile them into one big satisfying wrap! Honestly, there couldn’t be a better use for pita chip crumbs - and if you are a fellow 90s’ kid/Boy Meets World lover, you know that the chips on a sandwich situation is totally a thing!
If I’m in search of a quick and easy lunch or dinner, more often than not I will turn to a wrap. I’ll make it into something really special by taking the time to lightly toast the wrap in a skillet so that it gets crispy on the outside and slight warms up the ingredients on the inside. It’s like I get the best of both worlds - the comfort of a warm, freshly-cooked meal with the convenience of a wrap!
I’ve found that in all of my wrap-making experience, the easiest way to get it evenly brown and crispy on the outside is to spray it with an extra virgin olive oil Pam® Spray Pump Cooking Spray! The pump produces a really fine mist that evenly coats the outside of my wraps, which eliminates the need for me to use any cooking fat/oil on the actual pan. I love how the PAM® Spray Pump Cooking Spray keeps my wraps and sandwiches from sticking to pans! It’s also an amazing product to mist on vegetables or potatoes before you roast them, or even to spritz on salads instead of using a dressing! You can buy it at Kroger in a canola oil version or an olive oil version - the non-aerosol sprays are free of any flavorings, artificial ingredients, or preservatives!
Speaking of Kroger, have you discovered the wonder that is the Kroger Clicklist®? You all know I’m a big fan of online shopping, and when I discovered that I could order all my groceries and have them scheduled for a pickup at Kroger, I was over-the-moon excited! The fact that I order all of my favorite Private Selection items (like ice cream, cheese, and olives!) and Simple Truth (Milk! Eggs! Chicken stock!) online and load coupons to my account leaves me SO much more time to plan meals and enjoy cooking at home. They really could not make it any easier or convenient! Click the icon below to locate the Kroger nearest you and start building your list! And just in case you were wondering, yes, you CAN find the PAM® Spray Pump Cooking Spray online with Kroger Clicklist®.
When you get the chance to give this Greek-Style Chicken Crunchwrap and/or the PAM® Spray Pump Cooking Spray a try, please let me know how you like them and leave a comment below!
This will help me with the creation of future recipes!
I’d also love to feature your creation in my weekly newsletter, so you can upload a photo to Instagram with the tag @sweetcayenne5 to be featured! Quick and easy recipe videos are available on my YouTube channel, and lots of menu inspiration on my Pinterest boards.
Greek-Style Chicken Crunchwrap Recipe
For the feta dipping sauce
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ cup finely crumbled feta cheese
For the wrap:
- 1 large whole grain wrap
- 2 tablespoons of the feta sauce, plus extra for dipping
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken, like rotisserie chicken
- 2 whole romaine lettuce leaves, shredded (or ½ cup of any lettuce/green)
- 3 whole cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 whole kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup pita chips, crumbled
- PAM® Spray Pump Cooking Spray
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon pepper, and dill by stirring with a whisk. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the feta cheese crumbles until combined.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat. While it warms up, spread 2 tablespoons of the feta sauce in the center of a large whole grain wrap. Top with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and crumbled up pita chips. Roll up the wrap burrito-style (see the video) and mist each side lightly with a spritz of PAM® Spray Pump Cooking Spray.
- Sear the wrap on the preheated skillet until golden brown and lightly crisp. Slice the wrap in half and serve with extra feta sauce for dipping!