This recipe for Warm Olive with Lemon and Rosemary is a 5-ingredient appetizer that I love to add to cheese boards or serve as a simple hors d’oeuvre.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The recipes in this 5-Ingredient Fancy series are perfect for:
- Anyone who is cooking on a budget but still wants some festive recipes to contribute to holiday gatherings.
- Beginner cooks and college students that want to make something impressive to bring to holiday parties without spending too much time or money with little stress.
- People who like make-ahead recipes that are simple and easy to follow.
- Adding to cheese boards with store-bought items so that you have an element of “homemade” in the mix.
Oh, and I’m assuming you have salt and pepper, so I don’t count those in the 5 ingredients!
These Warm Olives with Lemon and Rosemary were inspired by a delicious warm olive appetizer I had recently at a delicious Italian restaurant in Nashville: Nicky’s Coal Fired. I’ve only had olives chilled or at room temperature before, but the warm olives they served were simply divine! Large, meaty olives coated in a warm olive oil and orange zest mixture with some herbs – it was simple enough but oh so special!
When I was brainstorming the recipes for 5-Ingredient Fancy, I tried really hard to make them with only ingredients I had in my pantry or fridge at that moment in time. The whole point was to utilize staples that I always have on hand to create something simple and fresh that had an element of fancy as well. I always have olives on hand to put on pizzas, in salads, or on cheeseboards. Rosemary is growing in my backyard, and lemons are a staple in my kitchen at all times! So I knew I had all the elements needed to make a delicious batch of warm olives that can be served on their own before a nice dinner or as part of a gorgeous cheese or charcuterie board.
Be sure to check back later this week, as I’ll be sharing a step-by-step tutorial for how I styled these olives and all the elements of the festive charcuterie board below!
Are you ready to make some Warm Olives with Lemon and Rosemary? I’m so excited for you to try this recipe. Once you get the chance to make it, please let me know how it turns out for you! Leave a comment and rate the recipe below. This will help me with the creation of future recipes! I’d also love to feature your creation in my monthly newsletter, so you can upload a photo to Instagram or Twitter with the tag @sweetcayenne5 to be featured!
*PLEASE rate and comment on the recipe if you make it! This helps my SEO – THANKS!*
Warm Olives with Lemon and Rosemary
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite olives (my favorite are Castelvetrano and Manzanilla)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup high-quality olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Place the olives, lemon zest, rosemary, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir to combine and heat for 4-5 minutes until warm and heated through. Transfer to a serving dish and squeeze the 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice on top. Enjoy warm.