This 5-ingredient recipe for Hot Honey Drizzle is one of my favorite condiments to make – from serving it on a cheese board to using it as a pizza topping, it takes the flavor of food to the next level!
This week we are starting a new mini-series on the blog! It’s called 5-Ingredient Fancy. I’ll be sharing five 5-ingredient recipes that can be made in a pinch and enjoyed over the holiday season. The posts will be short and sweet, just like the recipes. This is as much an attempt to simplify my life this December and be present in the Christmas season as much as it is an effort to help you simplify things for yourself! The recipes in this 5-Ingredient Fancy series are perfect for:
- Anyone who is cooking on a budget but still wants some festive recipes to contribute to holiday gatherings.
- Beginner cooks and college students that want to make something impressive to bring to holiday parties without spending too much time or money with little stress.
- People who like make-ahead recipes that are simple and easy to follow.
- Adding to cheese boards with store-bought items so that you have an element of “homemade” in the mix.
And speaking of that last element – the cheese boards – at the end of the week, I’ll be showing you how to style these five recipes on a festive charcuterie board. From the placement of the items to utensils, you’ll see the step-by-step process!
First up in the series is this Hot Honey Drizzle! All this recipe requires is combing a few ingredients in a saucepan, boiling them for 5 minutes, then letting it cool. Once the hot honey drizzle is made, I recommend serving it on:
- Cheese and charcuterie boards
- Pizza – especially this bacon and butternut one!
- Ham or sausage biscuits
- As a glaze for your Christmas ham or a pork tenderloin
- On top of cornbread
- As a topping for chicken and waffles
- Drizzles on black-eyed peas and turnip greens for the New Year
And many other options, I’m sure! So let’s make some Hot Honey Drizzle!
Are you ready to make some Hot Honey Drizzle? I’m so excited for you to try this recipe. Once you get the chance to make it, please let me know how it turns out for you! Leave a comment and rate the recipe below. This will help me with the creation of future recipes! I’d also love to feature your creation in my monthly newsletter, so you can upload a photo to Instagram or Twitter with the tag @sweetcayenne5 to be featured!
Hot Honey Drizzle
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Louisiana
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine and heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Serve over cheese on toast, pizza, or grilled meats. Store at room temperature in the pantry for up to 3 weeks.