Antipasto platters are my FAVORITE no-cook, easy on the work kind of meal. Whether it's just you or a group of friends, serving this is a breeze and makes for great leftovers!
We recently celebrated Ryan's birthday while his parents were visiting us for the first time in our new home. I wanted to make his celebration special by serving a "favorite;" and to my delight, he requested antipasto. This simple meal is one of his very favorites. In fact, he requests we have it for dinner once a month! I definitely don't complain, because all it really involves is picking up a few no-cook items at our favorite local market and arranging them on a platter. That's the fun part for me - I like to get creative and try different ways to style and present the ingredients. And of course, this type of meal always makes for a great photo opp! Bonus - serve this to a group of friends and let them build their own little plate. Everyone gets a little of what they like and all are content! Read the recipe for my favorite elements of the ultimate antipasto platter!
A few things you might consider if you want to have a few people over and antipasto is on the menu:
Like what you see? Fun recipes, travel, beauty and style posts may interest you as well. Be sure to follow the blog by signing up (get a free cookbook and other freebies for members only) for Sweet Cayenne on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram! For easy to follow video recipes and reviews, check out my YouTube page.
Shop my favorite serving accessories:
Print this recipe:
Ultimate Antipasto Platter
- 1 package of assorted crackers
- 1 cup of smoked nuts
- 1 English cucumber sliced into thin coins
- 6 ounces of shisito peppers blistered over medium heat in a pan for 3 minutes on each side
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 Honeycrisp apple thinly sliced
- 1 Anjou pear thinly sliced
- 1 6 ounce tub of plain hummus
- 1 small jar of olive tapenade serve this on top of hummus
- 6 ounces of a soft cheese I like fresh mozzarella
- 4 ounces of a semi-soft cheese I like a gouda
- 4 ounces of a hard cheese I like Parmesan or Manchego
- 3 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 ounces of Genoa salami
- 2 ounces of hot sopressata
- Arrange all ingredients as desired on an assortment of platters and bowls.
Pin this list: