These Italian Marinated Mozzarella Pearls are only 5 ingredients and make for a simple but festive appetizer or a colorful addition to a cheese board!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome to day 5 of my holiday series: 5-Ingredient Fancy! In case you missed the first two days, be sure to check out the recipes for Hot Honey Drizzle, Christmas Tree Cheese Crackers, and Warm Olives with Lemon and Rosemary, and Chipotle Rosemary Roasted Walnuts.
The recipes in this 5-Ingredient Fancy series are perfect for:
- Anyone who is cooking on a budget but still wants some festive recipes to contribute to holiday gatherings.
- Beginner cooks and college students that want to make something impressive to bring to holiday parties without spending too much time or money with little stress.
- People who like make-ahead recipes that are simple and easy to follow.
- Adding to cheese boards with store-bought items so that you have an element of “homemade” in the mix.
Oh, and I’m assuming you have salt and pepper, so I don’t count those in the 5 ingredients!
This recipe for Italian Marinated Mozzarella Pearls could not be easier to throw together and serve as a light appetizer with toasted bread before dinner. I also love to add it to cheeseboards as a soft cheese option. I've served this recipe to guests a couple of times and everyone always loves it! Plus, you can't go wrong with the red from the sundried tomatoes and the green from the basil at Christmas time.
What will really make this recipe shine is if you take care to use vibrantly-flavored, high-quality olive oil. Olive oil made from single-origin and a single type of olives is my favorite. The Pruneti brand from Italy is one that I will always love, as I have visited their farm and production facility and have so much respect for the tradition and quality behind their products. I reserve this type of oil for finishing salads, dipping bread, or using on cheese - never cooking with it or exposing it to heat. Great olive oil will typically taste very grassy and herbal, with a spicy, peppery finish as you swallow it. I used white balsamic vinegar to keep the color of the cheese nice and clean, but you can use regular balsamic if that is what you have!
Be sure to check back at the end of the week, as I'll be showing you how to style these Italian Marinated Mozzarella Pearls on a festive charcuterie board!
Are you ready to make these Italian Marinated Mozzarella Pearls? I’m so excited for you to try this recipe. Once you get the chance to make it, please let me know how it turns out for you! Leave a comment and rate the recipe below. This will help me with the creation of future recipes! I’d also love to feature your creation in my monthly newsletter, so you can upload a photo to Instagram or Twitter with the tag @sweetcayenne5 to be featured!
*PLEASE rate and comment on the recipe if you make it! This helps my SEO – THANKS!*
Italian Marinated Mozzarella Pearls
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, diced into ½’’ pieces
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons high-quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt and 3 turns of a black pepper grinder
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss lightly with a rubber spatula to combine. Serve immediately or chill for up to 4 hours, leaving off the basil if you do not plan to serve right away. Let the cheese sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes before adding the basil and serving for the best flavor and texture.