Get ready to take your slider game to the level of flavor explosion with a salty + smoky + sweet combo: Jalapeno Cream Cheese Sliders are here and oozing with strawberry jam and a crispy bacon crunch!
Today I’m taking you on an imaginary trip to Kansas City with this burger from one of my favorite KC restaurants – The Westside Local. I knew I had to make my own version at home after the first bite – it was magic! I’m no stranger to putting jam on a burger – these Blackberry Basil Sliders are always on rotation for us – but adding jam to a burger with smoky roasted jalapeños, cool cream cheese, and salty bacon was pure burger perfection! And a slider size is just the ticket – indulgence without going overboard. That’s what it’s all about, right???
I’ll be serving these on repeat the rest of this summer alongside this Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad and Easy Blueberry Cobbler. Yes please and yes, please! I’ve added my own unique twist to the burger patties by adding a bit of chopped, toasted pecans to the meat. Besides being a fun element of surprise, it adds a nice texture and subtle crunch.
Safety note – be sure to wear some gloves while seeding/dicing these jalapenos! They could potentially burn or irritate your skin. And definitely be mindful and avoid touching your face or anywhere near your eyes while you work with peppers.
What are some of your favorite burger/slider toppings? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below!
Smoky Jalapeño Cream Cheese Sliders with Strawberry JamPrint Pin
- 1.25 pounds 90/10 ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole jalapeños
- 1/3 cup cream cheese softened
- 8 slices uncured center cut bacon cooked
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 whole grain slider buns
For the beef:
- In a large bowl, use your hands to lightly combine the beef, pecans, salt and pepper. Use a light touch to shape them into patties that are 1'' thick and 2'' wide. Be careful not to overwork the meat or the burgers will become tough. Preheat your grill to 400 degrees F. Grill over direct heat for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-well doneness.
- For the jalapeño cream cheese
- Preheat your broiler on high. Place the jalapenos on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil. Broil the jalapenos in 2-minute increments, stopping to rotate on all sides, until the peppers are evenly charred. Remove from heat and place in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let the peppers cool for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the skin from the outside of peppers, then cut a slit down the pepper and remove the seeds. You may want to wear gloves while doing this to avoid skin irritation - do not touch your face while working with these! Finely dice the peppers and stir them into the softened cream cheese.
- Top one-half of the sliders buns with 1 tablespoon of jalapeno cream cheese. Top the other one-half with 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam. Place a grilled slider patty on the buns and top with 1 slice of bacon broken in half to fit on the bun. Close the sandwich and serve hot!