Let’s just put this out there – when it comes to Thanksgiving food, I mainly come for the dessert. Pies. Cakes. Cookies. Yes and amen. But we’ve got to have some other things on the table, right? Since I’m knee-deep in boxes and getting situated in a new home, I don’t have the time to develop new recipes for turkey day, so I’m sharing ten recipes I’ve made in years past that are my very favorite. I’ll be making these for YEARS to come!
1. Spiced Tea – this is what we sip on while we are cooking at the Hight house. It’s basically the holidays in a cup.
2. Old Fashioned Buttermilk Chess Pie – I make this every year and it’s a winner!
3. Bourbon Pecan Pie with Dark Chocolate from Joy the Baker – the other pie I contribute to turkey day every year. Thanks for a stellar recipe, Joy!
4. Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes from the Pioneer Woman – basically this is a dish full of twice-baked potato filling. You can make it ahead – #bless.
5. Massaged Kale Salad with Apples and Cranberries – trust me, after all those carbs, you’re going to need some of this.
6. Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – we love these and make them year-round. You can make a big batch ahead of time and freeze for the big day!
7. Apple Cider Gravy – my favorite gravy recipe. It’s super simple and doesn’t require pan drippings or bones if you don’t have them!
8. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Pecans, and Maple Vinaigrette – anyone will eat veggies when they taste like this!
9. Ina Garten’s Truffle Butter Turkey – I don’t typically get to make the turkey, however, my BFF has been making this for YEARS and swears by the recipe!
10. Spice Cranberry Sauce – the leftovers are GREAT with pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin waffles, and spread on gingerbread!
What are your favorite Thanksgiving recipes? I’d LOVE to hear about them in the comments below!